At Elysian, we believe that a community approach to learning helps our students extend their lessons beyond the classroom and creates a supportive and nurturing environment. Parental involvement is vital in supporting student success and academic achievement. Our learning model provides many opportunities for parents to actively participate in their children’s education.
Here are just some of the ways that parents can be involved at Elysian:
- Serving as a member or officer of the Elysian PTSO (Parent Teacher Student Organization)
- Serving as a member or officer of the Friends of Elysian (the school’s charitable fundraising organization)
- Serving as a class parent
- Serving as a leader of an after-school enrichment club
- Attending Board of Trustee and community meetings
- Voting in the annual school board elections
- Participating in fundraising efforts
- Serving as a chaperone for class field trips
- Volunteering at school events, community meetings and in-classroom activities
This web site, weekly email alerts and the school e-newsletter (normally published on Monday) detail specific volunteer opportunities. Please check these sources for information and details.
As parents, please also familiarize yourself with the Family Handbook to learn about general school policies and regulations (see Parent information/forms page).
All regularly used forms and policies can be found on the Parent Information/Forms section of this site.
For information related to the Board of Trustees, please visit the Board of Trustees section of this site.